Baking Contest Prizes and Rules
1st Place Adults: $40 gift certificate to the Baker's Catalogue/kingarthurflour.com;
Blue First-Place Ribbon; a Woodchuck Cider prize package; Bragging Rights!
1st Place Kids: $40 gift certificate to the Baker's Catalogue/kingarthurflour.com;
Blue First-Place Ribbon; Deanna Cook's Baking Class book & a Vermont Book Shop
tote bag; Bragging Rights!
2nd Place: $25 gift card to the Baker's Catalogue/kingarthurflour.com; Red Second-Place Ribbon
3rd Place: King Arthur Flour Baker's Companion Cookbook & Yellow Third-Place Ribbon
1. Register here by Thursday, June 20th.
2. Adults, bring your best, most beautiful 8" cake.
Kids, enter your cupcake creation. Submit 6 cupcakes for judging, please.
Bring entries to Foodaroo on Sunday, June 23rd between 3:30-4:00PM.
(Venue: Middlebury's Historic Marble Works overlooking the falls, 137 Maple St. Middlebury, VT)
3. Keep it real, please! No artificial sweeteners, food dyes, or ingredients made in a lab.
4. With your cake or cupcakes, please bring the opened bag of King Arthur Flour or submit a UPC label from the flour bag.
4. Provide a legible recipe with the entry, preferably typed. Additional copies of recipes are appreciated for fans of your entry who want to recreate your magic.
5. Submit entries in a disposable container for judging, or on a well-labeled plate.
6. One submission per applicant.
Taste: 50 points
Appearance/Creativity: 25 points
Texture: 25 points